Sunday, September 28, 2008

An inner sight

Last night in conjunction with the small family celebration that we had, we contributed for the moreh for the local mosque nearby. Since it’s the weekend, there were many people and the food finished in a vast! Despite the shortage, Alhamdulillah my mission was accomplished.

Before the moreh, during the solat terawikh, a whisper from two girls beside me struck my mind. An act of what I normally do seemed so strange and clicked them from comparing me to a famous figure.

The situation: the carpet of the mosque in my area had been changed to a really thick, soft and comfortable carpet. It’s so comfortable that anyone would lie down and can even fall asleep soundly on it.

The behaviour: when we pray, we place a sejadah (mattress) on the carpet. Since the carpet is so soft, the sejadah would be in a total mess after a performance of 2rakaat terawikh. So after giving ‘salam’ for each solat I would readjust and ensure that the sejadah is in a neat and tidy situation again so that in the following rakaat, I would ‘sujud’ at a sejadah that is neat. Who wouldn’t want that anyway?

So well, surprisingly my actions were observed by the two particular girls

The comment: “Tengok akak tu, macam Bree dalam desperate housewives”

After overhearing them, I looked at them and smiled. It was a realization period for me. Is it true? Am I really like BREE VANDERCAMP? Oh no!! then the fact that I looked at them and smiled was also so bree-ish. I just couldn’t accept the fact. So during the next two terawikh I was not 100% khusyuk, I was thinking about the statement and it really disturbed me in my prayers and it made me evaluate more about myself.
It was such a reality check!

So what if I like neat things and classify items in order? I will be in a total chaos if I don’t. the situation of not doing things in order would make me feel even more uncomfortable. And yes finally I do admit that I am vandercamp-ish a bit.. it is me and I take it as a part of my life. I never thought of myself like the character in bree, but since I have a figure to compare to it does give me an advantage to learn more about myself. :)

Since I am so Bree-ish, I had some baking done today as a preparation for the eid Mubarak celebration. Pulling the cookies from the oven fascinates me. I am truly excited to bake another type tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. dear, let me tell you a secret..i won't start studying or doing my assignment without tidying up my room first (if you notice me when we were rumitas) and since now i'm staying at home, worse! i won't start if the house is in a mess! so what if we like tidiness...that's a good thing..a very good thing..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm...budak2 tu mesti eddie or susan fan hehehehehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..ye kot..ediela rasanya..

    cleanliness rules!

    ReplyDelete