Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend wrap-up




I spent the weekend at Glory Beach Resort, PD. The resort was ok-lah ,there is not much to elaborate on..but the pool was fun-tastic especially the slide (it’s suitable for small kids and big kids like me. B-D )


I didn’t bring along my camera(the pic above is from a website). So, sorry mates. No pictures to serve you. I attended a seminar given by Prof Dr Mohamed Amin Embi about publishing and it was definitely fruitful for me as a novice2 researcher. At least now I get to know the do’s and don’ts in writing articles and how to expand my scope of studies. Right now, I’m so pumped up to write another article! I also managed to buy a book from Prof Amin. It’s about e-learning and it is actually a compilation of several researchers on e-learning conducted around Malaysia. Am too lazy to get the book right now, maybe next time I’ll tell you the title. It costs around RM36 outside, but through Prof, I managed to but it at a cheaper price. I am so happy! I love buying books and the smell of brand new books is definitely tempting.


Back to the course, I was there as a guest for a day only since while the rest had to revise the course modules and other training stuff which I was happy to observe and evaluate. Hehe.. I sound so cruel right now. That night while other people were busy revising and doing other academic stuff, I spent the night meeting one of my bestie (shima) with her husband.. We hung out like the old times, had dinner n talked a lot…and the next morning we took a stroll along the not so white sandy beach…and continued talking about anything that we could create a subject on. Mmmm…We really wished that all our friends can spend a weekend together to catch up on stuffs. Really miss ‘em much!


Altogether my weekend was a blast! I enjoyed all my activities and really balanced my life in terms of personal life and work. Hopefully in the future I’ll have more opportunities to hang out with my friends and family and work productively at the same time. I don’t want to work hard all the time while leaving all the fun activities aside. It is much better to kill two birds with one stone.

: -)

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad ure balancing life well.btw,we had a lovely get-together..can't wait for the one end of this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. end of this month means...errmm..today!..our date tomorrow is definitely on! c ya babe!

    ReplyDelete