Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pretzels

A student stopped me at 2 o’clock when I was on my way to another class on one of the days where I had a packed schedule from 8am-4pm.



Student: Miss, what’s the meaning of pretzel?

Me: Pretzel. Something you can eat.mmm..like a snack. It’s between a biscuit – bread. Softer than biscuit harder than bread.



Student: confused face.

Me : it’s like this.. (tried drawing on my book with my imaginary pen-my finger)



Student still confused. Some of her friends nodded.

Me? tired of explaining.



Me: After this go to Alamanda, find Auntie Anne’s kiosk and buy a pretzel.



I left them clueless. Hopefully they did go and learn how a pretzel looks like and buy one to taste it. As for me, I know that I’m so cruel. Poor students. Wrong timing, it was lunch hour and i haven't eaten anything since the morning..You can put the blame on me, I was hungry…

6 comments:

  1. i wish i have d power to see my students' brain...therefore i can find out whether they understand my lecture or not...but after teaching for sumtimes i can read their mind hehehehehehe...kalau duduk n nganga jer sah2 diaorg tak faham ape benda yg i ajar hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's dictionary.. google image. voila! magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahh me kalu lapar memang cepat je nak marah+tak sabar..n i still remember masa praktikal dulu ada sorang budak nie tak bleh tidur sebab lapar,,lepas balik sekolah..hehe miss u boss..

    ReplyDelete
  4. budakbarublaja: i don't have the power yet.will have to learn thru experience..

    zeemi: yup true, but once a while we've to let them free to explore the world.

    rose-fied-tiey: teringat kak hajar....auuu

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe...the word 'clueless' is very much synonym with my students...sometimes me ;) when they asked questions which...awesomely crap!!!hahahhahhaa!!

    ReplyDelete