Saturday, March 27, 2010

Responsibilities

Well, tomorrow’s Saturday and I’ve three wedding invitations to attend but am only attending one which is my cousin’s wedding. Although if possible I would like to strike all three but I’ve some sorta agreed to help out at a cousin’s wedding since like a year ago.( which at that time I didn’t know these events will likely to clash) Oh bummer!

So, tomorrow as the cutest girl in the family [cewaah, takde org lain ke apart from me nak buat keje ni], indeed they need ma skill to usher vip’s to their table. Adoyaiii.. Do I have to do this till the rest of my life?.. Okay, so luckily, I’m not emceeing a wedding, which I think, is very strange when a girl conducts the wedding ceremony on her own. What u can do is either pair the emcees or let a guy conduct it individually.

Anyway, back to the ori story… When it comes to helping out for occasions, I normally find that amongst all people in the extended family I’m the only one who’ll be doing everything. I always find myself washing the dishes, cleaning up, doing this and that…ME!!. WHY ME? WHY?...... It was at that moment when I was in Form 3, I realized that no matter if I was with relatives from my mom’s side or my dad’s side, I’ll definitely be the victim of doing the chores during family gatherings. I just couldn’t escape… As I scrubbed n drubbed (don’t know if the word exists) the dishes I kept on asking myself that question until I had the AHA moment when I finally managed to find the answer. For both families–mom’s n dad’s, I am the second female grandchild. NO wonder that I will always be involved with all these cleaning up process; if not alone, I’ll be with my elder cousin (female). I AM definitely attached to this position which does not have any resignation for sure.

There was an incident which I was so upset about when I was in Form 2, it was during Aidilfitri when my cousin n I had to clean up and work in the kitchen while our parents entertained guests n other cousins were watching TV (damit). Since our job requires us to work in the kitchen preparing drinks and serving this and that, we were basically stuck in the kitchen, just the 2 of us. Suddenly, all the other cousins started flooding the kitchen one by one with the intention to show off the amount of ‘duit raya’ they received from the guest. We were like, where’s ours? We rushed to the living room only to find that the guest have left the house. YES, THEY DID FORGET ABOUT US WHO WERE IN THE KITCHEN!! I was devastated coz they gave out rm10 which was a lot at that time. I WAS SO PISSED OFF coz I didn’t get the rm10 which I deserve of..Oh, how could they forget about us… That was the only question lingering my mind at that time. : ( . I love helping out, but there would be moments where u would feel alone and left out from the family which is definitely not the objective of a family gathering.

So, tomorrow’s my co-washing n cleaning partner wedding day. I hope that eventhough she’s married, she’ll be able to attend family gatherings and help me out to do the cleaning, I don’t want to do it alone…….

Buhuhuuuuu

2 comments:

  1. behehe.sabr arf.im sure they appreciate it so much and return all ur favors.have fun cleaning up! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhahaaa~ really had fun. kekeee... torturing proteges to do the cleaning now

    ReplyDelete