Wednesday, March 31, 2010

a smirk on my face

On some days I offer private tuition for school children to earn extra pocket money. I guess money runs out extremely fast especially when residing in a city of temptations. Argghh..

"ice blended caramel-coffee kat kedai biasa pon rm8"

Anyway, something happened when I was teaching the students. There's a 13 year old boy in my class and he is very mischievous. An interesting fact about this particular boy is that he loves to attract my attention by asking me questions and he would sit besides me and tell stories about himself. I was shocked when he did that the first time as I have never experienced any students who would do so in the middle of the class. I find it bizarre and it's definitely not my nature..HAHAAa.. Then I said to myself he just wants attention. Fine. I'll listen, respond and ask him to sit back at his place. He just never stops talking, but I'm not annoyed by him as all the stories that he tells me has a point and he's a good storyteller. He knows how to structure his story with a beginning, climax and ending, just like how an adult would tell stories.

These couple of days, I didn't have time to entertain him and everytime he came to me, I told him to complete his work. I ignored him most of the time and also avoided eye contact so that he wont start asking this and that. At the end of the last session for this week he said he wanted to tell me a 'secret'. I pitied him as he still made an effort to woo me to listening to him. Okay... This was his secret..

Teacher, I have a friend and my friend who is old was fat before this. After a few months my friend suddenly became thin and very pretty.... You have to believe me teacher... very pretty..

Then he ran off as it was time to go home.
I was stunned. What did he want to say actually? I think he trying to advice me cynically. For it to come froma 13 year old I would say -Funny yes. Being direct, yes. Lesson learnt- A DEFINITE YES!

Oh,kids.

5 comments:

  1. wahaha i've come across that a million times baby!!
    just ignore that.btw, he had a good intention+his words are so polite..
    mine were sometimes harsh and membawa kesakitan hati..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first time encountering such situation. ahaks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. owh.ehehehehehe.i think he likes u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... i didn't think of it that way. come to think of it, i would be blushing rite now if its true. :) after all, kids are pure n honest..

    ReplyDelete