Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not a handsome result

I wanted to get something to soothe my throat so I went to the clinic. When it was time for the doctor to check me I became extremely nervous. It was like a sudden rush out of nowhere. he asked me numerous questions, checked my throat and took my BP, then… he immediately told me to lie down. I was like..”why do I have to lie down..i’m not pregnant… then negative thoughts clouded my mind. Am I sick? Do I have to take my appendix out and lots of other stuff which I really don’t know how the thought could cross my mind. The doc continued checking my stomach, which at that time produced various sounds which at the end made the doc to ask me” have you taken ur lunch?.. I smiled. Is that an indication of yes or no. errmm.no. why didn’t you eat yet? to be honest I forgot to eat and when i wanted to I was busy with other stuff.. But I drank Nescafe in the morning.. (it was just as a cover)


Me not taking anything yet until 4pm led him to more questions which I didn’t want to answer because I wasn’t in a pleasant mood of explaining. To make it short, coz I’m not in a mood explaining myself he told me that my BP was a little too high which was 130/90. (That was why he needed to check my BP and stomach etc..)

He told me:
Not to skip any meals even though you’re busy.
Not too pressure myself about work.
Get enough sleep.

How can I not worry about work. It’s the first and last thing I think about everyday. I have to plan a workshop for the new batch before the first week of july. I need to work on modules and evaluate and develop new materials. This is excluding the programme that is presently running and programmes that will commence during orientation week for students.

Now I really feel like I don’t have a life.
On top of that, I got something that I didn’t bargain for..

4 comments:

  1. huhu..take good care of yourself, dear..lepas ni, not only you're working..you'll be studying as well....huhu....

    ReplyDelete
  2. huhuhu take care dear...makan jangan tak makan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. terlebih makanla tu
    that's y dapat BP tinggi kot.
    ntahla...even my body system is finding a hard time to cope with me
    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. should really take care of ur health..health is wealth right..:)

    ReplyDelete